Ride Share Austin (“Ride Austin” or “we”) collects information about you when you use our mobile applications or websites (each an “Application”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. This Driver Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the ways through which we collect information from and about you, and what we do with the information, so that you may decide whether or not to provide information to us and/or use the Application.
1. Scope and Application
This Statement applies to drivers that use the Application under license (collectively “Drivers,” or individually “you”) The Statement also does not apply to persons (e.g. riders) who use the Application to request transportation (“Users”). If you interact with the Application as both a User and a Driver, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions. The terms of this Statement apply in addition to any other agreements we might have with you.
By submitting information to Ride Austin during the account creation process and/or by using the Application, you consent to such collection and use of personal information. You also expressly consent to Ride Austin’s use of location-based services and expressly waive and release Ride Austin from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from your use of the Application, or in any way relating to the use of the precise location and other location-based services.
3. Our Collection and Use of your Information
Ride Austin may collect personal information from or about you when you create an account for, and use, the Application, including location data, which information may be stored, processed, and/or accessed by Ride Austin, as well as its service providers, for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, and such other purposes consistent with Ride Austin’s legitimate business needs.
4. Our Disclosure of Driver Information to Third Parties
Ride Austin may share your information with third parties if:
- there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, including an accident, relating to a Driver;
- it is necessary to enforce the terms of our agreements;
- it is required, in Ride Austin’s sole discretion, by applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, or operating agreement; and
- it is necessary, in Ride Austin’s sole discretion, to protect the safety, rights, property, or security of Ride Austin, the Application, or any third party; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or to prevent or stop activity which Ride Austin, in its sole discretion, considers to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
Ride Austin may also share your information with research entities. For example, we may share Drivers’ information with the University of Texas, in order for researchers to determine, among other things, how surge pricing actually works in terms of drawing out Drivers and affecting customer wait times, or figure out if lowering rates helps or hurts Drivers’ income.
Please note that information collected from you may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Ride Austin or agents or contractors work or maintain facilities and the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
5. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Application, you may correct, update, or delete inaccuracies by making the change within your account settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ride Austin will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of personal information we store in accordance with applicable law.
Last Updated: May 25, 2016