Austinites love to ride local with RideAustin - and we've been thrilled with our continued growth. Our riders appreciate that we were created by locals, we pay drivers more, and we give back to local charities. If you are savvy about Austin street navigation and pride yourself on exemplary customer service, we'd love to have you!
** We have a new fingerprint background check process with the City of Austin, please keep reading for instructions.
- 21 years old
- Have at least 1 year driving experience in the U.S.
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience if under 23
- Vehicle must seat 4 passenger seats (in addition to driver)
- Consent to and pass a two-step background check (online via app and a fingerprint check)
- Use a 4-door vehicle
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
RideAustin has a zero tolerance policy on the use of drugs or alcohol by drivers who are driving passengers. If a driver is found in violation of this policy, he/she will be deactivated immediately.
Sign Up Instructions:
- Download either the Android or iPhone Rider app from the above links. (Red, White & Blue Texas Icon)
- Click Register to create an account.
- Select the option to register as a driver at the end of the initial account creation. Make sure to have your driver's license and insurance information available. If you return to the app later, click the 3 bars in the upper left and select the option "Drive with Ride Austin".
- Be sure to take clear photos exactly as instructed.
- After the application on the app is complete, look for an email with a custom link for Payoneer (our driver payment processing provider) to set up your direct deposits.
- Make sure you have a profile photo uploaded in the app (Menu -> Settings -> Edit Account -> Change Photo -> Save.
NOTE: as of May 29, 2017 the City of Austin no longer issues "TNC Permits". We will still require fingerprint background checks of our drivers, as well as a Chauffeur's permit which you can get at the City Transportation Office. If you had already received your Chauffeur's permit, please submit the photo via email to Documents@rideaustin.com.
Steps To Obtain A Chauffeur's Permit:
- Perform a fingerprint background check at Identogo using the code 11GYVN located at: 108 Denson Drive: 8am - 5pm M-F (walk-ins). You must perform this step before going to the CoA Ground Transportation office. Make sure to call in advance to make sure they have your fingerprint results at (512) 974-1438. Please note: If you already performed a fingerprint background check using the code 11GYVN, you don't need to do it again.
- Complete the application for a Chauffeur's permit including a $20 service fee. (Must pay in cash or check. No credit cards accepted).
5. Provide your 3 year driving record (type 3A) available for $12 (must be completed at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/driverrecords.htm).
- Pass a 20 question multiple choice test on driver and passenger's safety.
Please make sure all the paperwork is completed before going to the CoA Ground Transportation Office.
*Upon receipt of your Chauffeur's permit, please upload it in the Ride|Austin driver's app, or email it to us at Documents@rideaustin.com to expedite your activation.
Once we confirm your direct deposit is set up, background checks are clear, and all your other documentation is in place, we will make a final decision on your application.